Water Pressure Pump

Jim King

Looking for ideas on a new water pressure pump for 2006 MKII.  Pump is under the galley sink above the water heater.  Mine works fine but it is pretty loud and seems to be a pretty big draw on the batteries when pump is on.

Anyone done this before?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
Kashmir (2006 #335)

Craig Howard

I replaced mine at the end of 2020.  I went with the Aqua King II 4gpm: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJVJQNC

It's substantially quieter, but not silent.  The pump works with or without the small tank.  Installation was pretty easy.  Mine came with an inline strainer.

I have not attempted to measure battery usage.  I didn't do any bigger trips last year, so I don't have much anecdotal data for you either.

Craig
Hull 244

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 3:29 PM Jim King via groups.io <c130king=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looking for ideas on a new water pressure pump for 2006 MKII.  Pump is under the galley sink above the water heater.  Mine works fine but it is pretty loud and seems to be a pretty big draw on the batteries when pump is on.

Anyone done this before?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
Kashmir (2006 #335)

Jim King

Thanks.  Another sailing friend recommended Marco pumps and says they are substantially quieter as well.

It's substantially quieter, but not silent.  The pump works with or without the small tank.  Installation was pretty easy.  Mine came with an inline strainer.

I have not attempted to measure battery usage.  I didn't do any bigger trips last year, so I don't have much anecdotal data for you either.

Craig

Hull 244

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 3:29 PM Jim King via groups.io <c130king=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Looking for ideas on a new water pressure pump for 2006 MKII.  Pump is under the galley sink above the water heater.  Mine works fine but it is pretty loud and seems to be a pretty big draw on the batteries when pump is on.

Anyone done this before?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
Kashmir (2006 #335)

Tom Sokoloski

Jim,
If you are looking for a quieter domestic water pump, I suggest you go with a variable flow pump. I have the Jabsco 31755, and unless the faucet(s) are wide open, it is whisper quiet. That model had been discontinued, but a bit of internet poking around came up with this as a replacement:

Hope this helps.

Jim King

Thanks.  My friend that was telling me about the Marco pump also said it was variable speed.  He is getting me a price on a suitable Marco pump.

If you are looking for a quieter domestic water pump, I suggest you go with a variable flow pump. I have the Jabsco 31755, and unless the faucet(s) are wide open, it is whisper quiet. That model had been discontinued, but a bit of internet poking around came up with this as a replacement:

Hope this helps.

Ben Cage

We had the Jabsco 31755 pump and the check valve failed this past week causing it to cycle.  I purchased the Jabsco replacement for the 31755 from West Marine, the Jabsco Parmax HD-4.  It was a HUGE mistake, the pump is so loud that you can hear it outside of the boat.  I am removing it this week and I'm going to order a different pump, probably one of the ones recommended here.

I know this isn't a recommendation, but I figured I would let you know NOT to buy this pump.

Ben
Jazzy, 306

On Sat, Mar 5, 2022 at 05:16 AM, Jim King wrote:

[...]

4speedfunk

I installed a ShurFlo #4008-101-A65 along with a small pressure tank.  Works great and is very quiet.