Water Pressure Pump

Jim King

Looking for ideas on a new water pressure pump for 2006 MKII.  Pump is under the galley sink above the water heater.  Mine works fine but it is pretty loud and seems to be a pretty big draw on the batteries when pump is on. 

Anyone done this before?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
Kashmir (2006 #335)

Craig Howard

I replaced mine at the end of 2020.  I went with the Aqua King II 4gpm: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJVJQNC

It's substantially quieter, but not silent.  The pump works with or without the small tank.  Installation was pretty easy.  Mine came with an inline strainer.

I have not attempted to measure battery usage.  I didn't do any bigger trips last year, so I don't have much anecdotal data for you either.  

Craig
Hull 244

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 3:29 PM Jim King via groups.io <c130king=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looking for ideas on a new water pressure pump for 2006 MKII.  Pump is under the galley sink above the water heater.  Mine works fine but it is pretty loud and seems to be a pretty big draw on the batteries when pump is on. 

Cheers,
Jim
Kashmir (2006 #335)

Jim King

Thanks.  Another sailing friend recommended Marco pumps and says they are substantially quieter as well. 

From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> On Behalf Of Craig Howard
Sent: Friday, March 4, 2022 11:03 PM
To: C400@catalina400-445.groups.io
Subject: Re: [C400] Water Pressure Pump

I replaced mine at the end of 2020.  I went with the Aqua King II 4gpm: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJVJQNC

It's substantially quieter, but not silent.  The pump works with or without the small tank.  Installation was pretty easy.  Mine came with an inline strainer.

I have not attempted to measure battery usage.  I didn't do any bigger trips last year, so I don't have much anecdotal data for you either.  

Craig

Hull 244

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 3:29 PM Jim King via groups.io <c130king=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Cheers,
Jim
Kashmir (2006 #335)

Tom Sokoloski

Jim,
If you are looking for a quieter domestic water pump, I suggest you go with a variable flow pump. I have the Jabsco 31755, and unless the faucet(s) are wide open, it is whisper quiet. That model had been discontinued, but a bit of internet poking around came up with this as a replacement:

Hope this helps.

Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

Jim King

Thanks.  My friend that was telling me about the Marco pump also said it was variable speed.  He is getting me a price on a suitable Marco pump.

From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Sokoloski
Sent: Saturday, March 5, 2022 6:09 AM
To: C400@catalina400-445.groups.io

Jim,

If you are looking for a quieter domestic water pump, I suggest you go with a variable flow pump. I have the Jabsco 31755, and unless the faucet(s) are wide open, it is whisper quiet. That model had been discontinued, but a bit of internet poking around came up with this as a replacement:

Hope this helps.

Tom Soko

Juniper #307

Noank, CT

--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

Ben Cage

We had the Jabsco 31755 pump and the check valve failed this past week causing it to cycle.  I purchased the Jabsco replacement for the 31755 from West Marine, the Jabsco Parmax HD-4.  It was a HUGE mistake, the pump is so loud that you can hear it outside of the boat.  I am removing it this week and I'm going to order a different pump, probably one of the ones recommended here.

I know this isn't a recommendation, but I figured I would let you know NOT to buy this pump.

Ben
Jazzy, 306

On Sat, Mar 5, 2022 at 05:16 AM, Jim King wrote:

Thanks.  My friend that was telling me about the Marco pump also said it was variable speed.  He is getting me a price on a suitable Marco pump.

Jim King

Thanks.

From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ben Cage
Sent: Sunday, March 6, 2022 7:54 PM
To: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io

We had the Jabsco 31755 pump and the check valve failed this past week causing it to cycle.  I purchased the Jabsco replacement for the 31755 from West Marine, the Jabsco Parmax HD-4.  It was a HUGE mistake, the pump is so loud that you can hear it outside of the boat.  I am removing it this week and I'm going to order a different pump, probably one of the ones recommended here.

I know this isn't a recommendation, but I figured I would let you know NOT to buy this pump.

Ben
Jazzy, 306

On Sat, Mar 5, 2022 at 05:16 AM, Jim King wrote:

4speedfunk

I installed a ShurFlo #4008-101-A65 along with a small pressure tank.  Works great and is very quiet.