---------- Original Message ----------
From: Scotty <correa-mickel@...>
Date: June 8, 2021 at 9:49 AM

While you have the headliner out (I agree with Tom, it's pretty easy to do.  Two people make it easier!) check the turning blocks for the steering cables.  I found the the wood piece they are mounted on is fiberglassed to the cockpit sole.  The glassing on that piece was minimal, small tabs of fiberglass, and partly lifting off!  I ground them down to clean surface, and reglassed them with long strips of (unidirectional) fiberglass.  They are really strong now.  I have a friend who had a similar situation.  I'd be interested if anyone else has this problem.

--
Kim Chapman
Quiescence