From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> on behalf of Frank Falcone <frank.falcone@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 10:50:04 AM
To: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io>
Subject: [C400] Shaft Seal

C400 Colleagues:

Recently, I removed the floor board in our aft stateroom (C400 Mark II) to clean out my aft AC Strainer. When I did, I noticed some black rubber powder on the back side (inside) of the floor board and around the shaft seal at the forward edge of the shaft seal. It looks like this rubber powder was ‘flung off’ of the shaft seal while the engine was running and the transmission engaged. I never saw this before.

…any thoughts?

Regards,

Frank, SILVER EAGLE  #247

--