Raw water pimp replacement

michael hogan

Hi all
I need to replace my raw water pump on my westerbeke 42b (mark 1).  I wanted see if anyone had a suggestion on where best place to source it other than westerbeke since they are a bit pricey

Regards
Mike
S/V Nettie rose

Currently stuck in Savannah till this fixed
--
Mike Hogan
Fair winds

4speedfunk

Much cheaper to buy a rebuild kit.  It comes with new bearings, seals, and such.  The pump is pretty simple and easy to rebuild with a bench vise, hammer, and punch.  Unless it has been eaten away with corrosion, that’s your best option.

If you do end up replacing the entire pump, definitely consider buying a rebuild kit anyway.  That way you can rebuild the old one at your leisure and keep it onboard for a spare.

michael hogan

Thanks. I’ll keep it mind