? On aqua lift muffler

Mike Hogan

Hi,
We have a westerbeke 42b that is leaking from the bottom.  We are currently i at great striup cay in the Bahamas. Does anyone know if it is possible to repair it?  Or ant ideas on where to source the part?

Regards
Mike

Tom Sokoloski

Mike,
Can you send a pic of it?  I was able to repair an aqualift muffler (white fiberglass box with inlet and outlet ports) on my C36. Don't know if yours is the same. My MkII muffler is a large black tube (kind of looks like a fiberglass version of an auto muffler), but I don't know what yours looks like.

Russell McLaughlin

Hi,
Have a look at this on YouTube.

l have tried this and it does work,  just make sure you sand about a half inch either side of split and wash with acetone to remove all grease. Build up to about 3/16" over the split then let dry for about a minute.
Good Luck
Russell
Freya C400 #98