? On aqua lift muffler

Mike Hogan

Hi,
We have a westerbeke 42b that is leaking from the bottom.  We are currently i at great striup cay in the Bahamas. Does anyone know if it is possible to repair it?  Or ant ideas on where to source the part?

Regards
Mike

Tom Sokoloski

Mike,
Can you send a pic of it?  I was able to repair an aqualift muffler (white fiberglass box with inlet and outlet ports) on my C36. Don't know if yours is the same. My MkII muffler is a large black tube (kind of looks like a fiberglass version of an auto muffler), but I don't know what yours looks like. 

Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT  

--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

Russell McLaughlin

Hi, 
Have a look at this on YouTube.

l have tried this and it does work,  just make sure you sand about a half inch either side of split and wash with acetone to remove all grease. Build up to about 3/16" over the split then let dry for about a minute.
Good Luck
Russell 
Freya C400 #98

From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> on behalf of Tom Sokoloski <tomsoko@...>
Sent: Wednesday, 5 January 2022, 10:58 am
To: C400@catalina400-445.groups.io
Subject: Re: [C400] ? On aqua lift muffler

Mike,
Can you send a pic of it?  I was able to repair an aqualift muffler (white fiberglass box with inlet and outlet ports) on my C36. Don't know if yours is the same. My MkII muffler is a large black tube (kind of looks like a fiberglass version of an auto muffler), but I don't know what yours looks like. 

Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT  

--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

michael hogan

The muffler is a black cylinder. I’ll take a pic once I get it out. Ill check out the YouTube video. It has some type of label on the side facing the wall but I can’t make out what it says. I this is repairable since I am not anywhere any place to get anything shipped in. 

I’ll keep you posted on the progress. Thanks to you both!
Mike

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 11:27 PM Russell McLaughlin <russglen@...> wrote:
Hi, 

l have tried this and it does work,  just make sure you sand about a half inch either side of split and wash with acetone to remove all grease. Build up to about 3/16" over the split then let dry for about a minute.
Good Luck
Russell 
Freya C400 #98

From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> on behalf of Tom Sokoloski <tomsoko@...>

Mike,

Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT  

--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

--
Mike Hogan
Fair winds

michael hogan

Do you know the tYpe on material the muffler is made of it doesn’t appear to be fiberglass but some type of plastic

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 11:27 PM Russell McLaughlin <russglen@...> wrote:
Hi, 

Good Luck
Russell 
Freya C400 #98

Mike,

Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT  

--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

--
Mike Hogan
Fair winds