From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> On Behalf Of Aaron Stein via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:03 AM
To: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [C400] Catalina 400 - wing keel draft

Hi, I have been looking at 400s and I cannot figure out what the actual draft is for the wing keel. Sailboatdata says 5’9”, but some postings have 5’0” and someone said there were two version of the wing.  Can anyone tell me what the actual draft is and if there is any way to tell which “version” a boat might have (if it’s in the water – and not grounded J )?

Thanks!

Tom Sokoloski

Aaron,
Not sure my last post went thru, so I'll post again. My 2006 #307 wing keel draws 5', plus or minus 1".

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020, 9:14 AM Frank Falcone <frank.falcone@...> wrote:

Hi Aaron:

My boat, SILVER EAGLE, is a 2002 Mark II. It has an advertised draft of 5’9”. I think that’s correct because I have my depth sounder set for that depth. After running aground a few times, I think that it’s accurate. My friend has a 2005 Mark II. His advertised draft is 5’6”. As I understand, these are the 2 versions. I never heard of the 5’0” draft for a C400.

Regards,

Frank, #247

Hi, I have been looking at 400s and I cannot figure out what the actual draft is for the wing keel. Sailboatdata says 5’9”, but some postings have 5’0” and someone said there were two version of the wing.  Can anyone tell me what the actual draft is and if there is any way to tell which “version” a boat might have (if it’s in the water – and not grounded J )?

Thanks!

Gerald Canning <gwcanning@...>

I have hull #334 with a wing keel. My draft is 5’.   However I think the earlier hulls may have a draft of 5’3”.

Gerald Canning

[...]

Aaron Stein <asltl.sailing@...>

Yes Tom, got it.
Thanks!
Aaron

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Hi, I have been looking at 400s and I cannot figure out what the actual draft is for the wing keel. Sailboatdata says 5’9”, but some postings have 5’0” and someone said there were two version of the wing.  Can anyone tell me what the actual draft is and if there is any way to tell which “version” a boat might have (if it’s in the water – and not grounded J )?

Thanks!

Frank Falcone

WOW! We’re all over the place with C400 drafts; 5’0”, 5’3”, 5’6” and 5’9”!

Hi, I have been looking at 400s and I cannot figure out what the actual draft is for the wing keel. Sailboatdata says 5’9”, but some postings have 5’0” and someone said there were two version of the wing.  Can anyone tell me what the actual draft is and if there is any way to tell which “version” a boat might have (if it’s in the water – and not grounded J )?

Thanks!

Matt Perry

Hull 174 has a draft of 5’6”

Matt Perry