Canvas Hatch Covers C400

Stuart

All this recent talk about replacing hatches has got me wanting to buy some canvas hatch covers for my 1995 MkI (#36). I would've thought that you could buy a 'C400 Hatch Cover Set' but cannot find anything like it. Has anyone got hatch covers? Are they all custom made (do i have to measure all of my hatches?)... I appreciate any information!!!

Stu
"Thalassa" #36

Tom Weaver

On Feb 12, 2022, at 7:29 PM, Stuart <stuartpparsons@...> wrote:

All this recent talk about replacing hatches has got me wanting to buy some canvas hatch covers for my 1995 MkI (#36). I would've thought that you could buy a 'C400 Hatch Cover Set' but cannot find anything like it. Has anyone got hatch covers? Are they all custom made (do i have to measure all of my hatches?)... I appreciate any information!!!

Stu
"Thalassa" #36

ryck J

I've purchased and installed Outland hatch covers and they work fantastic. Go to outlandashcovers.com and you can see their products. It's an ABS product but simple to install and keeps the boat very cool. I might mention that their support is fantastic.

On Sat, Feb 12, 2022, 5:29 PM Stuart <stuartpparsons@...> wrote:
All this recent talk about replacing hatches has got me wanting to buy some canvas hatch covers for my 1995 MkI (#36). I would've thought that you could buy a 'C400 Hatch Cover Set' but cannot find anything like it. Has anyone got hatch covers? Are they all custom made (do i have to measure all of my hatches?)... I appreciate any information!!!

Stu
"Thalassa" #36

michael hogan

Check out Outland hatch covers. Much better. They do need to be removed when sailing but a very smart idea

Mikr

--
Mike Hogan
Fair winds

Bret

I've really been pleased with the Ocean South covers:

https://oceansouth.us/shop/sailing-gear/hatch-covers/hatch-cover/

They come in the different sizes for the different hatches, have a sturdy, adjustable hold-down strap, etc.  Plus - most of my boat canvas is the darker blue, so they look pretty sharp on it (not sure if other colors are available).  I've had them about 3 years now and they look as good as when I first put them on.

On the other end of the spectrum:  I've used the Blue brand before - but frankly they were garbage.  After one season, the sun had faded and worn them so much they began to get green and fall apart:

https://www.oceanchandlery.com/blue-performance-hatch-covers.html

--
Bret
JoyRide, #205