From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kim Chapman via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:19 AM
To: c400 <c400@catalina400-445.groups.io>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [C400] C400 Stanchions

I have removed all of the stanchion bolts, gooped them up with Lanocote (or Tef-Gel), and replaced them. This will hopefully reduce any issues with galvanic corrosion over time. I had no issues, assuming all along that the inboard bolts are going into embedded aluminum plates. The outboard bolts are obviously going into the toe rail.

Kim Chapman
C400 #249
Quiescence

From: Frank Falcone <frank.falcone@...>
Date: July 28, 2020 at 10:49 AM

C400 Colleagues:

--
Kim Chapman
Quiescence

orion320@sbcglobal.net

Following this discussion.  I have 284 and it is getting to be that time to re-bed things.  Thanks for keeping us updated about these little projects.

Steve
S/V Independence
San Francisco, CA
C-400 #284

[...]