C400 Mk1 Throttle Lever

Andrew Hussey

Hello Team

My throttle assembly is long overdue for changing out. Im sure at least one person has done this in the past. I’m looking at the Seastar CH2100P as a replacement as it appears to be a drop in replacement. Does anyone have any comments/suggestions on this idea ? Attached is a photo of my current lever. Thanks in advance everyone.

Cheers
Andy
Hull 129
Sydney Australia

michael hogan

Hi Andy,
I replaced my throttle with one and I did run into an issue with the “ears” that the are used to attached the screws.  A couple of the ears snapped and since they are made of cast aluminum I had to get a new assembly. This time I fabricated some SS backing plates to offer more support.  I believe they were 3/4” wide and the horizontal length of each side. I also added some fenders washers along with some nylock nuts. I haven’t had any issues so far and the throttle appears to be more secure.

Regards
Mike
S/V Nettie Rose #13

--
Mike Hogan
Fair winds

motiondetectors

I was able to change mine due to someone posting the proper part on this forum
The only issue I had was needing a third arm
The new part only came with a black handle  so I retaking the original chrome handle
Mike 231

[...]

4speedfunk

I messed with my throttle a couple years ago.  Took it apart and lubed it (and the cables).  It was missing the small, red, neutral lock-out button.  I called Sea Star at 217-324-9400 and they sent me a couple replacement buttons.  Model #700SS.

michael hogan

Good info!  Those covers don’t last

On Sat, Feb 5, 2022 at 2:06 PM 4speedfunk <wilsonmech@...> wrote:
I messed with my throttle a couple years ago.  Took it apart and lubed it (and the cables).  It was missing the small, red, neutral lock-out button.  I called Sea Star at 217-324-9400 and they sent me a couple replacement buttons.  Model #700SS.

--
Mike Hogan
Fair winds

Andrew Hussey

Thanks all. Most helpful info. Thanks. Will put the backing plates on for sure. Good to know.