Magma BBQ Grill

Joe Hanson

I am looking at adding a Magma BBQ grill. (e.g. the Chefs Mate grill - rectangular ).  When I look at the mounting options --- I have my doubts of where to place the unit.    Anyone with experience -- this grill or others ... and how to mount.

Cheers,
Joe Hanson
SV Impulse
C400 MK II # 164
Panama City, FL

Matt Perry

My grill is mounted to the aft rail with a clamped fishing rod holder. see attached

--
Matt Perry

Ben Cage

Joe,

We mounted ours to the stern rail with magma mounts.  It seems to work well and is out of the way.  I remove the cushion below when grilling and then I have a place to set a tray and anything I need for cooking.

Ben
Jazzy, #364
Marina Del Rey, CA

Allen W.

Here's something I did that worked out well and was easy to do.

I mounted the grill as far back as I could off the stern rails so I would maintain as much cockpit space and wouldn't drip grease on my seats.  And I made a support strut using bimini connector fittings.

It came out really solid.  I also have the Magma - Serving Shelf that I set utensils on.  It stores nicely in the propane tank compartment when not in use.

- ALLEN

C400 1999 Mk1, #154, San Diego

Joe Hanson

Thank you all for the replies.    I had not thought to look at the rod holder or building an extender.     Excellent ideas.

On my stern railing I have the outboard motor mount (starboard) and GPS antenna’s (port and starboard)….

Clearly doable.

Thanks,

Joe Hanson

C400 MKII #164, Panama City FL