Mainsheet Technical Articles

Terry Sweeney

Hi Sean,
I now have C400 Windmist II, hull #17, so one just after yours, and would love to hear how you went about changing tanks and hoses.  I recently replaced all of my hatches and portlights due to crazing of the lenses.  I am interested to learn about all of the refits you have found necessary to do on your end.  My next project is a water pump rebuild due to a seal leak.
Best regards,
Terry Sweeney
Port Townsend WA

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 8:14 AM Larimar.C400 <srosser02@...> wrote:
Tom -

I just finished replacing both holding tanks and all head hoses on Larimar, 1995 C400 hull #16.  I’d be glad to do a write up… I could list all of the components I used, with links to the websites where I purchased them (total materials cost ~$1000 - $1200), and 2 days), and I have some pictures.  Would this be of interest?

Sean Rosser
Bristol RI

Tom Sokoloski

Sean, that sounds great!

On Mon, May 30, 2022, 11:14 AM Larimar.C400 <srosser02@...> wrote:
Tom -

I just finished replacing both holding tanks and all head hoses on Larimar, 1995 C400 hull #16.  I’d be glad to do a write up… I could list all of the components I used, with links to the websites where I purchased them (total materials cost ~$1000 - $1200), and 2 days), and I have some pictures.  Would this be of interest?

Sean Rosser
Bristol RI

I'd love to see your article on this. On my long list of to-do, might make short list sooner than I'd hope it would.
Chuck Herbert
Midnight on The Bay,  #85

Sure.  I fear the same task is in my future.  We have a 1998 #126.

The "clean out" port have been blown out and resealed but not well resealed, so this project is looming soon for us

Al Mansfield
Beans & Nibs  C400  # 126

[...]

Ahoy!
It's that time again. I'm looking for C400 tech articles to run in the next Mainsheet Magazine. You don't have to be a Pulitzer Prize winning writer, or the most brilliant engineer in the world. Have an upgrade you've done recently to your pride and joy? Solved a problem that's been bugging you for a while?  Jot it down and send it to me. I can help with editing, formatting, etc. A picture or two would be great, too. Time's running out. Act now! It's YOUR magazine and association. Thanks!!