Mainsheet Technical Articles

Terry Sweeney

Hi Sean,
I now have C400 Windmist II, hull #17, so one just after yours, and would love to hear how you went about changing tanks and hoses.  I recently replaced all of my hatches and portlights due to crazing of the lenses.  I am interested to learn about all of the refits you have found necessary to do on your end.  My next project is a water pump rebuild due to a seal leak.
Best regards,
Terry Sweeney
Port Townsend WA

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 8:14 AM Larimar.C400 <srosser02@...> wrote:
Tom - 

I just finished replacing both holding tanks and all head hoses on Larimar, 1995 C400 hull #16.  I’d be glad to do a write up… I could list all of the components I used, with links to the websites where I purchased them (total materials cost ~$1000 - $1200), and 2 days), and I have some pictures.  Would this be of interest?

Sean Rosser
Bristol RI

Tom Sokoloski

Sean, that sounds great!

On Mon, May 30, 2022, 11:14 AM Larimar.C400 <srosser02@...> wrote:
Tom - 

I just finished replacing both holding tanks and all head hoses on Larimar, 1995 C400 hull #16.  I’d be glad to do a write up… I could list all of the components I used, with links to the websites where I purchased them (total materials cost ~$1000 - $1200), and 2 days), and I have some pictures.  Would this be of interest?

Sean Rosser
Bristol RI

--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

I'd love to see your article on this. On my long list of to-do, might make short list sooner than I'd hope it would. 
Chuck Herbert
Midnight on The Bay,  #85

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/30/22 11:51 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: C400@catalina400-445.groups.io
Subject: Re: [C400] Mainsheet Technical Articles

Sure.  I fear the same task is in my future.  We have a 1998 #126.    

The "clean out" port have been blown out and resealed but not well resealed, so this project is looming soon for us

Al Mansfield 
Beans & Nibs  C400  # 126

Tom - 

Sean Rosser
Bristol RI

Al Mansfield

Sure.  I fear the same task is in my future.  We have a 1998 #126.    

The "clean out" port have been blown out and resealed but not well resealed, so this project is looming soon for us

Al Mansfield 
Beans & Nibs  C400  # 126

Tom - 

Sean Rosser
Bristol RI

Tom - 

I just finished replacing both holding tanks and all head hoses on Larimar, 1995 C400 hull #16.  I’d be glad to do a write up… I could list all of the components I used, with links to the websites where I purchased them (total materials cost ~$1000 - $1200), and 2 days), and I have some pictures.  Would this be of interest?

Sean Rosser
Bristol RI

Tom Sokoloski

Ahoy!
It's that time again. I'm looking for C400 tech articles to run in the next Mainsheet Magazine. You don't have to be a Pulitzer Prize winning writer, or the most brilliant engineer in the world. Have an upgrade you've done recently to your pride and joy? Solved a problem that's been bugging you for a while?  Jot it down and send it to me. I can help with editing, formatting, etc. A picture or two would be great, too. Time's running out. Act now! It's YOUR magazine and association. Thanks!!
--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT