Fuel tank

Allen W.

It looks like a new C-400 fuel tank is $1,080 from Catalina Direct.

Here’s something to consider:
‘Low price’ Fuel Polishing can be over $600.  And yes I know you can build your own polishing system.
So it’s not out of the question to go a bit more and be 100% taken care of with your fuel issues.

Also, IF Ezelle will sell to you direct you might save a little money,
and Florida doesn’t collect sales tax (if you’re in the USA).

It also might be possible to have them cut in 2 more inspection ports for the end baffles.
I WISH I had those.  And who knows, maybe the direct sales price could offset the inspection plate costs.

And when you’re changing out that tank, make sure you go with new fuel hoses.
Bad fuel screwed up my Injection Pump as well as my injectors.

- ALLEN

C400, 1999 Mk1, #154

On Jan 6, 2022, at 10:18 AM, ryck J <ryckjohnson@...> wrote:

$154 is very reasonable if that is the current price however I would prefer plastic.

ryck J

My MKII tank is needing replacement is it the same size of the MKI? What are the dimensions?

$154 is very reasonable if that is the current price however I would prefer plastic.

An alternate solution would be the metal tank with a coating of Red Kote sealer. I’ve used this to seal old tractor fuel tanks with rust and it works great for $20 that lasted 15 to 20 years. The old tank needs to be removed and cleaned inside with all debris/rust removed. Follow the instructions,

Image 1 - Red Kote Quart Fuel Tank Liner Coat Sealer gas oil diesel Motorcycle patch pin

Ryck

From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> On Behalf Of Allen W.
Sent: Thursday, January 6, 2022 9:37 AM
To: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io
Subject: Re: [C400] Fuel tank

Here’s a photo of the label on my fuel tank.

I’d call Ezell Industries directly

- ALLEN 

C400, 1999, Mk1, $154

On Jan 6, 2022, at 5:15 AM, bajankiwi <cubatea@...> wrote:

Good morning. Ihave an early C400 MkI and the main fuel tank has corroded beyond repair. I looked at CatalinaDirect and they want an obscene amount of money for a replacement. Does anyone know who the manufacturers were (mine is metal), or alternatively a source for a suitable plastic tank? 
Thanks.
Ian
Ten Seven #4

bajankiwi

Brilliant. Thanks Allen

On 6/01/2022, at 13:37, Allen W. <wrenchaw@...> wrote:

- ALLEN 

C400, 1999, Mk1, $154

Good morning. Ihave an early C400 MkI and the main fuel tank has corroded beyond repair. I looked at CatalinaDirect and they want an obscene amount of money for a replacement. Does anyone know who the manufacturers were (mine is metal), or alternatively a source for a suitable plastic tank? 
Thanks.
Ian
Ten Seven #4

Allen W.

- ALLEN 

C400, 1999, Mk1, $154

Thanks.
Ian
Ten Seven #4

bajankiwi

Thanks a lot Tom

On 6/01/2022, at 10:11, Tom Sokoloski <tomsoko@...> wrote:

Ian,
Not sure if this helps or not, but the fuel tank on my MkII is made by Ezell, 44 gal, part # 30017. Perhaps you can go directly to the manufacturer?

Tom
--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

Tom Sokoloski

Ian,
Not sure if this helps or not, but the fuel tank on my MkII is made by Ezell, 44 gal, part # 30017. Perhaps you can go directly to the manufacturer?

Tom
--
Tom Soko
Juniper #307
Noank, CT

bajankiwi

Thanks.
Ian
Ten Seven #4