Fuel tank

Allen W.

It looks like a new C-400 fuel tank is $1,080 from Catalina Direct.

Here’s something to consider:
‘Low price’ Fuel Polishing can be over $600.  And yes I know you can build your own polishing system.
So it’s not out of the question to go a bit more and be 100% taken care of with your fuel issues.

Also, IF Ezelle will sell to you direct you might save a little money,
and Florida doesn’t collect sales tax (if you’re in the USA).

It also might be possible to have them cut in 2 more inspection ports for the end baffles.
I WISH I had those.  And who knows, maybe the direct sales price could offset the inspection plate costs.

And when you’re changing out that tank, make sure you go with new fuel hoses.
Bad fuel screwed up my Injection Pump as well as my injectors.

- ALLEN

C400, 1999 Mk1, #154

On Jan 6, 2022, at 10:18 AM, ryck J <ryckjohnson@...> wrote:

$154 is very reasonable if that is the current price however I would prefer plastic.

ryck J

My MKII tank is needing replacement is it the same size of the MKI? What are the dimensions?

$154 is very reasonable if that is the current price however I would prefer plastic.

An alternate solution would be the metal tank with a coating of Red Kote sealer. I’ve used this to seal old tractor fuel tanks with rust and it works great for $20 that lasted 15 to 20 years. The old tank needs to be removed and cleaned inside with all debris/rust removed. Follow the instructions,

Image 1 - Red Kote Quart Fuel Tank Liner Coat Sealer gas oil diesel Motorcycle patch pin

Ryck