[EXTERNAL] [C400] Spinlock XT clutch rebuild or change out?

Frank Falcone

Hi Allen:

Aboard SILVER EAGLE, #247, I added jaw clutches to each side. I had to move the existing 2 port & starboard jaw clutches, which control the mainsail sheet, in order to add the 2 new jaw clutches. I use the new jaw clutches to control the position of the car on the Mainsail Traveler. The key information here is that there is metal (aluminum) under the fiberglass which is under your rope clutches. That’s a ‘good thing’. Drill the correct diameter holes through the fiberglass and aluminum. Then, tap the holes to create the required thread. Use butyl tape under the new clutches and screw them in place.

...hope this helps!

Regards,

Frank,

SILVER EAGLE, #247