From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ben Cage via groups.io
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2021 4:20 PM
To: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [C400] Leak between Aft Head and holding tank

Thank you all for the insight.  We haven't pulled out the medicine cabinet, but we plan to do so on the next trip to the boat.  We looked behind the panel in the shower compartment and didn't see anything unusual or any leaks.  We are hoping it is something simple that we can see behind the medicine cabinet.  Water travels in unusual ways in boats.  I will update if we find the problem so someone in the future may know what to look for.  If we can't find the problem we will be changing the hose and possibly the vent early this spring.

Thanks,

Ben

Tom Sokoloski

Ben,
While you are at it, I assume you have taken off the inspection panel below the nav station?  Between the panel in the shower and the panel below the nav station, you can almost see all of the hose, IIRC. With bright flashlights, you should be able to at least look at the hose. But then again, any chaffe spots wouldn't be on the top of the hose, which is visible!  :-)

Frank,
If you haven't taken out the medicine cabinet(s), you should, even if only to satisfy your curiosity! Very easy to do. One screw in each corner.

On the hard in Glastonbury, CT

Ben Cage

I am going to order a scope for the iPhone, I think it's about $30, maybe this will help.  Hopefully I will have some more info with in a week or so.  I will take pictures if anyone wants to see them.

Thanks!

Ben

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 01:32 PM, Tom Sokoloski wrote:
If you haven't taken out the medicine cabinet(s), you should, even if only to satisfy your curiosity! Very easy to do. One screw in each corner.

Frank Falcone

Hi Ben:

GREAT!! …looking forward to receiving photographs!

Regards,

Frank, SILVER EAGLE #247