Raw water pump replacement

Bret

Hi All,

We have the Yanmar 4JH3E engine in our MkII, and the raw water pump is probably needing to be replaced.  (Mechanic recommended it be replaced a few years back and I'm just now starting to think about it.)

Has anyone ever done/had this done?  I wondered if I could do it myself, but given the pump mounting so near to the front/port side engine mount - I have no idea how I'd get it out.  It almost seems like the engine would have to come out in order to get access to it?  (So I'm wondering if it's better left to the pros).

Any info is appreciated.
--
Bret
JoyRide, #205

Tim Francis

You can do it. Get some flashlights and take a look. I think it was one of those easy,  but took some time , things.

On Nov 6, 2021, at 12:43 PM, Bret <b.a.phillips@...> wrote:

Hi All,

We have the Yanmar 4JH3E engine in our MkII, and the raw water pump is probably needing to be replaced.  (Mechanic recommended it be replaced a few years back and I'm just now starting to think about it.)

Has anyone ever done/had this done?  I wondered if I could do it myself, but given the pump mounting so near to the front/port side engine mount - I have no idea how I'd get it out.  It almost seems like the engine would have to come out in order to get access to it?  (So I'm wondering if it's better left to the pros).

Any info is appreciated.
--
Bret
JoyRide, #205
Bellevue, WA

Lady Lillian

I know some have put an access plate in the engine surround to allow better access for changing the impeller.