From: Bryan Benson <bryan.benson@...>
Date: 6/20/21 1:47 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: C400@catalina400-445.groups.io
Subject: Re: [C400] Catalina 400 - interested in new or used 135 Genoa sail

I was able to replace mine recently for about 4 boat bucks ($4,000) from Ullman Sails.  I have the keel stepped tall rig so the sail area was a bit larger than the standard C400 & went with the luff padding as well.  If you have the standard mast height and didn't want the luff padding it'd likely be closer to 3 to 3.5 boat bucks.
I received a quote from NorthSails for a standard size + luff pad (+$600) & the total was $5200 (standard cross-cut). For radian cut the total was almost $7,000 - Yowza.
Good luck!
-Bryan

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 8:12 AM Dara Sperber <sperberdj@...> wrote:
This is exactly what we are looking for! All the same reasons for sizing down. If you don't mind, approximately what is the cost of this type of sail?

Thanks,

Dara

From: Tom Weaver <tom.weaver@...>
Date: 6/20/21 2:03 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: C400@catalina400-445.groups.io

Just purchased Neil Pryde sails.

$2580 for the furling main
$4164 for the 135 headsail.

~~/)~~

On Jun 20, 2021, at 8:06 AM, Dara Sperber <sperberdj@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

We have Hull #266 that came with a 155 genoa. We have our 2 golden retrievers on board frequently so want to downsize our head sail to 135. Does anyone have a new or used 135 they are looking to sell?

Also, can anyone recommend a good source for a new one if we can't find a used one? We mostly day sail in Raritan Bay, NJ with occasional cruising in LI Sound so don't really need anything high performance.

Thanks!
Dara Sperber

Dara Sperber

That's not bad at all!
Thank you! This is a great group.

~ Dara

Okay…I dug around and found my paperwork from Rolly Tasker:

7.77oz Low Aspect Marblehead weave Roller Furling Genoa complete with foam luff, UV cover, camber stripes, tell tales and sail bag….$2797.00

This was from 11-18.  Took delivery in 3-19.

4speedfunk

Okay…I dug around and found my paperwork from Rolly Tasker:

7.77oz Low Aspect Marblehead weave Roller Furling Genoa complete with foam luff, UV cover, camber stripes, tell tales and sail bag….$2797.00

This was from 11-18.  Took delivery in 3-19.

Tom Weaver