Re: Garhauer outboard hoist...

sailbrunelle@gmail.com

...used to be ours...

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 10:34 AM sailbrunelle@... via groups.io <sailbrunelle=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
We had Garhauer also and I can't say enough positive about the organization and their products (and prices).  I must confess I lucked into this location for the lift but it worked great.  We kept the 9.9 on the dinghy a large majority of the time (99 percent!!).  When we lifted and carried the dinghy it was supported in 3 places at all times.  In this picture it is up half way just to get prop out of the water between dinghy trips.

Dan Bliss
#106 Mk I
Brunelle (usta be outs)

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 10:03 AM Maryellen Gray <Gray.maryellen@...> wrote:
We have hull 298.

image0.jpeg

On Aug 13, 2022, at 9:54 AM, leightontim57 <tidetim@...> wrote:

 Former owner here (2002 #251) but still lurk on the group. I installed a Garhauer on the stern rail with a lot of help from the folks at the company. I might suggest you contact them directly and listen to what they have to say. When I did ours they actually called me after they shipped the unit and insisted they send an additional support bracket to ensure there were not going to be any issues. Awesome customer service and the price was reasonable.
Tim Leighton
Former owner, S/V Magic, Chesapeake Bay

image.jpg
Not a great shot but shows not only the OB hoist (left center) but the arch on Magic with solar panels and dingy hoist in place.

On Aug 13, 2022, at 9:22 AM, Lee Gerig <keelingtime1@...> wrote:

Hi

I installed a stainless outfitters motor hoist on the starboard side.  I don’t know how different this is from the Garhauer, but it works well.  Attached is a picture.  Note that I also added a structural support to the rail for added strength.

Cheers

Lee S/V Keelingtime #262

From: <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> on behalf of S/V No Agenda <noagendacrew@...>
Date: Friday, August 12, 2022 at 9:54 PM
To: <C400@catalina400-445.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [C400] Garhauer outboard hoist...

The PO installed it on the stern of the boat. The ball is mounted port side of the locker on the swim platform.  I will try to remember to take a picture where the ball is mounted when we are at the boat Sunday.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022, 9:27 PM Christopher S. <cshearly@...> wrote:

I've been trying to figure out where to mount a Garhauer outboard engine hoist. The only place I've come up with is immediately ahead of the port stern cleat.

Anyone done this and found other workable possibilities?

C400 #299
TASSIA

Lance Yee

IMG_2472.jpg