Former owner, S/V Magic, Chesapeake Bay

image
Not a great shot but shows not only the OB hoist (left center) but the arch on Magic with solar panels and dingy hoist in place.

On Aug 13, 2022, at 9:22 AM, Lee Gerig <keelingtime1@...> wrote:

Hi

I installed a stainless outfitters motor hoist on the starboard side.  I don’t know how different this is from the Garhauer, but it works well.  Attached is a picture.  Note that I also added a structural support to the rail for added strength.

Cheers

Lee S/V Keelingtime #262

From: <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> on behalf of S/V No Agenda <noagendacrew@...>
Date: Friday, August 12, 2022 at 9:54 PM
To: <C400@catalina400-445.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [C400] Garhauer outboard hoist...

The PO installed it on the stern of the boat. The ball is mounted port side of the locker on the swim platform.  I will try to remember to take a picture where the ball is mounted when we are at the boat Sunday.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022, 9:27 PM Christopher S. <cshearly@...> wrote:

I've been trying to figure out where to mount a Garhauer outboard engine hoist. The only place I've come up with is immediately ahead of the port stern cleat.

Anyone done this and found other workable possibilities?

C400 #299
TASSIA

Lance Yee

IMG_2472.jpg