Changing the forestay

Kim Chapman

So I will be installing this new rigging myself. The shrouds are all straight forward of course however the forestay needs some consideration. If you opt to have the new wire swaged at both ends then the aluminum foil needs a significant disassembly in order to install it. If you opt for only a single swage then I think it's a lot easier to fish the new wire through the foil and then terminate the bitter end with a Sta-Lok. I'm certainly going for the latter. What I'm not sure of is whether to rig it with the swage at the top and the Sta-Lok at the bottom or the other way around.

One way may be easier, the other way may affect longevity.

Thoughts ?

Cheers....

Kim Chapman
C400 #249