Battery question: (Renogy, China’s, adding a starter battery)

Stefan Damstrom

Has anyone installed Renogy AGMs with success or failure? My Centennials failed after 6.9 years.  As they are deep cycle house batteries I’d also like to add a starter battery.  Is the stock location under the aft berth?  Looks pretty easy per wiring; add negative to others in the battery locker and positive to #1 post in the battery switch.

also curious if the Chinn’s LiPoe batteries with onboard management has been installed by anyone.

thanks!

--
Catalina 400 MKii #190
Bellevue, WA