From: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io <C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew Massey via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2021 10:38 PM
To: C400@catalina400-445.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [C400] Impeller Change

Finally got motivated to change the impeller on my Yanmar which I had been hesitating to do because of the location. All I can say is whomever designed this deserves a special place in hell. Getting the cover off wasn’t too bad but the lack of visibility and leverage that seemed to be mutually exclusive made a 10 minute job on previous boats into a multi hour ordeal with my arms battered looking like I had defensive wounds. The impeller had a couple arms missing and I replaced and used a Speedseal cover kit I had bought previously for the occasion which should make future changes easier (together with a good dousing of grease on the spline). Runs about cooler 5 deg with the improved flow and a potential problem averted

I may well do an access port for easier access as a future mod