From: 4speedfunk <wilsonmech@...>
Date: 6/20/21 9:44 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: C400@Catalina400-445.groups.io
Subject: Re: [C400] Catalina 400 - interested in new or used 135 Genoa sail

I had Rolly Tasker Sails (Annapolis) make a new 135 for our C400.

https://www.rollytasker.com/en/portfolio-items/rolly-tasker-sails-maryland/

The original 155 was WAY too large and heavy.  It would either round up in anything above 18 knots…or hang limp in anything under 10 knots.  Also, it did not respond well to being reefed (partially rolled up).  So it had a very narrow window of conditions that it could handle.  The smaller 135 is a drastic improvement in all situations.  Weather helm, excessive healing, and rounding up are a thing of the past.  It’s also much more responsive to little adjustments on the sheets, compared to the monster 155.  Give Rolly Tasker a call and ask for Terry Clearance.  Very knowledgeable and great to work with.  Very competitively priced as well.

-CJ Wilson
s/v SeaLegs #096